August 16, 2017 by notjustpumpkinbread
That took the wind from our sails, didn’t it?
We looked SO good at times. At others we were at sixes and sevens – defensively speaking anyway.
The take aways from last nights defeat?
- Kieran Dowell is some player!
- Michael Mancienne isn’t particularly comfortable on his left peg.
- I can see why they paid £2m for Daryl Murphy.
- David Vaughan is like a ghost on the pitch. You don’t really notice him, but by Jove do we need him!
- There were brief periods of play when we looked utterly irresistible going forward.
- There were brief periods of play when we looked utterly bereft at the back.
Mr Warburton’s teams have a way of playing. And they’re going to play like that…
So let’s get a bit of perspective.
Those brief periods of play when we looked utterly irresistible will become longer periods of play where we dominate. Because this was, after all, only our third League fixture.
Those brief periods of defensive fragility will become less frequent, as we establish a back 3/4 who have played together on a regular basis and become more familiar with our manager’s style of play. Because this was, after all, only our third League fixture.
And let’s put it out there. My feelings for Ben Osborn are on a par with my feelings towards Danny Fox’s magnificent beard.
Let’s face it, we were going to lose at some point. We played really well but came away with nothing. We go again. This Saturday. With the return of Britt.
COME ON YOU REDS!!!
P.S. If you’d like a more informed view of last night’s game, head on over to Bandy & Shinty. There are references to Shakespeare, school boy smokers and Lawrence of Arabia – it’s very cultured and definitely worth your time.